Time for A Barra Holiday
Luxury Self-Catering Accommodation on the Barra Beachfront, Mozambique
Explore Mozambique's Tropical Coastline...
Barra Beach (Praia de Barra) is a popular holiday destination about 25km from Inhambane. With various restaurants, resorts, diving and fishing charters and other activities in the area, Barra promises to cater for the whole family. Visit Pansy Island, vibey Tofo with its colourful market, take a dhow across the estuary or go in search of flamingoes along White Sands.
...while you stay in one of our elegant houses on the beach
Barra 5 offers the choice of 6 houses – all situated right on the beach. Each house is air-conditioned, fully-equipped and serviced daily. Offering private pools, flexible sleeping arrangements and a convenient launch for your boat, it is the obvious choice for your stay in Barra.
No 4×4 required, and boats and jet-skis are more than welcome. Our under-cover parking area is guarded at night – while our on-site manager will make sure your stay is comfortable and additional service requests met during the day.
Things to do in barra
Praia de Barra offers a wealth of activities for the whole family. Need some inspiration?
Here are a couple of handy links to make your holiday even more memorable:
- Silver Lining – Multiple options for Catamaran Island trips to Pansy Island
- Contact Susan: +258 82 574 4127 or +258 84 409 2174
- C-Mew Fishing Charters (Tofo)
- Contact Corrie: +258 84 251 2092
- Aquaholics Barra – With a variety of activities including Diving Excursions, Courses, Ocean Safaris, Estuary Tours and Whale Watching, Aquaholics should be high on your list of contacts.
- Barra Reef Divers – Snorkel with Whale Sharks, go in search of Whales or collect Pansy shells in the Estuary
- Neptunes Bar and Restaurant in Barra (1km away) – Local Cuisine including Fresh Seafood, Pizzas and Peri-Peri Chicken –
- +258 84 793 8708
- Brancos in Tofo – (10km) 4.5 Stars on Trip Advisor and specialising in Pizza and Seafood –
- +258 84 066 6470
- White Sands (no 4×4 needed)
- Carlies Bar – 1km from Barra5 (no 4×4 needed)
- Palm grove – 1km
- Faraway – 700m (4×4 needed)
- Tiki Bar – 500m (no 4×4 needed)
- Andaca Lodge – 300m (no 4×4 needed)
- Sentidos – 300m
- Farol – (4×4 needed)
- Mango (4×4 needed)
- Kayak through the Mangroves
- Visit Tofo – a vibey surfing town 10km away with restaurants and a large open-air market
- Guinjata (30km, 4×4 needed)
- Paindane – great for snorkeling (35km, 4×4 needed)
- Tofo – great surfing (10km, no 4×4 needed)
Barra includes a few outlets to meet your every need, including
- Mr Fresh – Grocery store
- Yum Yum – Grocery store
- Moz Prints
- Liquor Stores